April 3rd, 2019
Announcements Wednesday, April 3, 2019
We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people.
From Mr. Fraser:
Wednesday - Lunch - Jazz band rehearsal
Thursday - Lunch - Grade 8 band rehearsal and - after school - Grease band rehearsal
Friday - Lunch - Grade 7 band rehearsal
From Mr. Lewis:
We are looking for volunteers (students, staff, and community members) This Saturday (9am-3pm) to:
• Add a coat of paint to the lower walls in each of the boys and girls bathrooms.
• Prime and add a coat of black paint to all metal stalls in the boys and girls bathrooms.
• Paint the wall in the upper hallway to prep for our art gallery space.
If you are available to help during part of the day or the whole day please contact the school office or Mr. Carruthers. A BBQ lunch will be provided for all volunteers.
Parent teacher meetings will be held on Thursday, April 11, from 1 to 3 pm and 6:00 to 8:00pm.
Instructions on how to book interviews have been sent home in a separate email. You may book interviews via the OPTIS link until the end of day on Tuesday, April 9. After April 9, you may contact Mrs. Cottingham in the school office at 435-8420 to book an interview appointment. Term 2 Report Cards will be coming home to you by April 5.
Introducing the Share Table! Today at lunch in the gym, there will be a table set up to receive any food you have in your lunch which you not want to eat. Often we have students who have no lunch and your unwanted food can be shared rather than thrown away. Thank you to Faith Whitehead for sharing this idea with us at our School Advisory Committee meeting last night!
From Mr. Carruthers:
We will have a school yard clean-up this Friday. Meet in the front lobby at 12:15. All participants will be entered into a draw for a cineplex movie card.
From Mr. Gabriel:
For the attention of grade 9 students and parents: High school Course Request Confirmation sheets are being sent home this week for review. Please return this form signed by Tuesday, April 9th. Any requested changes should be clearly indicated on the page.
From Ms. Sparks:
Yearbooks will be on sale at lunch time from 11:50-12:15 in Room 202 (Mme Leslie) until Thursday. Cost is $25 (exact change only please)--make the memories last. Cheques made payable to Ellenvale Junior High School.
From Mme Leslie:
There will be a leadership meeting today at lunch in Mme Leslie's room at 12:10. Also, any members of the yearbook staff who are available to attend are asked to meet there at the same time.
From Ms. Hann:
1) All Grease cast, chorus, pit band and stage crew are reminded of the next 4 mandatory, after-school rehearsals: Friday, April 5th from 3-5, Wednesday, April 10th from 3-5, Friday, April 12th from 3-5 and Monday, April 15th, meeting in the music room after school to walk over to PA for our tech rehearsal from 3 to 6pm. Please arrange your rides accordingly. You are also reminded to be dropped off at PA by 8:30am on Tuesday the 16th and Wednesday the 17th, and to be picked up on those days between 2:50 and 3:10pm. You are expected to be back at PA by 5pm on both of those days.
2) All staff, students, parents and friends are invited to the evening performances of the Grease on Tuesday, April 16th and Wednesday, April 17th. Both shows begin at 6, doors open at 5:45. Admission is $10 at the door, $5 for HRCE students. Seats are first come, first serve. Don't miss this amazing show!
3) All students planning on attending the viewing of the Grease matinee on Wednesday, April 17th, please remember to get your forms in to your homeroom teacher, so you won't have to stay back when the school goes to PA to watch the show. This is a free viewing, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity to see your peers perform!
4) All Grease cast and chorus are reminded to get their permission forms in to Ms. Hann ASAP, as well as the Band (to Mr. Fraser) and Crew (to Mr. Carruthers).
5) All Grease Cast and Chorus are reminded to bring their clothing from home that they can use as a costume ASAP.
6) For 701, 803, 804, 901, 903 music students, if you have not yet sent in your rap track to Ms. Hann, please do so ASAP. Her email is email@example.com
Also From Ms. Hann:
There is a pop choir rehearsal today at 12:10 in the music room.
From Mr. Carruthers:
The tech Ed room will be open today and Thursday after school for production crew to complete work on backdrops.
From Mme Boudreau:
The last WeAct Bake Sale for this year will be Tuesday, April 9, at lunch. Please bring some money and help us build a school in Haiti. Everything 50 cents or 1 dollar.
From Ms. Legge:
There will a mandatory Duke of Ed meeting TODAY for the entire lunch period in Ms. Legge’s room 202. All participants MUST attend.
From PA to Volleyball Players!
On Tuesday, April 9th, from 6-8pm there will be a training session held at Prince Andrew High School for all 2019-2020 grade 9’s who are interested in playing volleyball for P.A next year. Training will be held in the new gym by the current coaches and some returning players, so we would love to see as many grade 9’s as possible!