School Supplies 2018-19 - Grade 8 and 9
School Supplies 2018-19
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you are enjoying a restful summer break. Soon, you will be putting your minds in to back to school mode. To this end, I have compiled a list of suggested school supplies for Grade 8 and 9 students for the coming school year. Teachers may have additional requests at the beginning of the school year, however these items will provide a great start for the new school year.
- Five Star 3-ring binder for multiple subjects (students recommend 3” ring with interior storage pockets. Students also say they find the type with handle stitched in to be helpful to carry)
- 4 Green duo-tangs
- 4 Red duo-tangs
- Markers- thin tip and large tip
- Black sharpies thin tip 2 pack
- Colored pencils 24-pack
- Drawing pencils
- One sketchbook 9''x12''
- Mechanical pencils
- Whiteout tape (no liquid)
- Loose leaf (suggest a supply of 500 pages of lined paper for the year)
- Plain paper
- Loose leaf reinforcer rings
- Highlighters - 2,3 different colours
- Blue pens
- math set (or at a minimum a small ruler and protractor)
- Grade 8 Math
- a protractor (not necessarily the full math set), a scientific calculator and a duotang for math journals.
- Grade 8 ELA
- Novel at all times for ELA class
- pack of markers
Grade 9 Math:
- - Binder (not a five star zipper one) Students need a separate binder for math 9
- - SCIENTIFIC Calculator
- - Eraser
- - Looseleaf
- - Ruler
- - 3 dividers
- - Pencils
- - Sharpener that holds shavings
- - Colored Pen
- - Coloured Pencils or highlighers
- - Water Bottle
Healthy Living 9:
- - Binder
- - Pencil
- - Pen
- - white out
- - colour pencils
- - markers
GRADE 9 ELA
- - 2 HIGHLIGHTERS (ANY COLOUR)
- -2 SQUARE STICKY NOTE PADS (ANY COLOUR)
For Grade 9 Immersion French, Citizenship, and Health
- A 2-inch binder that is separate from other subjects.
- Students need a pencil to write with every day so please ensure they have a year's worth of pencils and a personal sharpener if they are wooden.
- a good eraser
- 200 sheets of looseleaf paper
- blue pens
- correction tape if they like to use pens often
- coloured pencils
- Students should have access to a French/English dictionary at home.
Grade 7, 8 and 9 Band Students - a separate 3 ring binder for Band music. Black pants, black socks, and black shoes for Band performances.