March 26th, 2019
Announcements Tuesday, March 26, 2019
We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people.
From Mr. Fraser
Tuesday - Lunch - Grease Band Rehearsal
Wednesday - Lunch - Jazz Band Rehearsal
Thursday - Lunch - Grease Band Rehearsal
Thursday - after school - Grease Band Rehearsal - (High School Players will be joining us)
Friday - Lunch - Grease Band Rehearsal
From Mr. Lewis:
1. “Heads Up” to parents: Term 2 Report Cards will be coming home the first week in April and Parent/Teacher Interviews are on April 11. More details to follow later this week.
2. We are looking for volunteers (students, staff, and community members) on Saturday, April 6 (9am-3pm) to:
• Add a coat of paint to the lower walls in each of the boys and girls bathrooms.
• Prime and add a coat of black paint to all metal stalls in the boys and girls bathrooms.
• Paint the wall in the upper hallway to prep for our art gallery space.
If you are available to help during part of the day or the whole day please contact the school office or Mr. Carruthers. A BBQ lunch will be provided for all volunteers.
3. Also: Grade 9 promotion photo orders are due TODAY and can be dropped off at the office.
From Ms. Legge:
There will be a mandatory Duke of Ed meeting tomorrow at lunch in Ms. Legge's room right at the lunch bell. Be prepared to stay as we are covering route planning and navigation. You are unable to take part in the Qualifying Journey if you do not come.
From Mr. Carruthers:
Production crew is asked to meet in the Tech Ed room from 3 to 5pm from Tues to Thurs to work on backdrops.
From Ms. Hann:
Grease rehearsal for full cast and chorus in the learning Commons today at 12:10.
From Mr. Gabriel:
Parents and Grade 9 students are able to view and change grade 10 course requests using PowerSchool up until Friday, March 29, when the portal will close.
From Ms. Sparks:
There will be a yearbook meeting AFTER SCHOOL TODAY, from 3-4pm, please arrange for drives afterwards.
From Mme Taylor:
Grade 7/8 will practice: Today from 3-6
THE CITY TOURNAMENTS ARE ON WEDNESDAY, MAR 27 FOR THE GRADE 7/8 TEAM AND THURSDAY, MAR 28 FOR THE GRADE 9 TEAM